Laura Sammons - Of Counsel
As a former military attorney, Special Assistant United States Attorney, and state prosecutor, Laura Sammons brings her extensive litigation history to Henneman Rau Kirklin & Smith with successful outcomes in nearly 100 fully-litigated trials and countless bench trials.
Ms. Sammons utilizes her broad-base of experience representing clients in litigation and arbitration in complex commercial cases, customer and employment cases within the securities industry, and in oil, gas and natural resources services and disputes.
She earned her Masters of Laws from Texas A&M School of Law and her Juris Doctor at the College of William and Mary Marshall-Wythe School of Law in Williamsburg, Virginia. She also holds Graduate Certificates from Texas A&M School of Law in Energy Law: Oil and Gas Law Policy, and Risk Management and Compliance.
- Texas A&M School of Law, LLM, 2021
- Graduate Certificate Energy Law: Oil and Gas Policy
- Graduate Certificate Risk Management and Compliance
- College of William and Mary, Marshall-Wythe School of Law, J.D., 2008
- East Texas Baptist University, B.M., 1998
- New Mexico
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- United States Court of Appeals for the Armed Forces
- United States Air Force Court of Criminal Appeals
- Houston A&M Club
- Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo Committee Member (2017 to 2019)