Laura Sammons - Of Counsel
As a former military attorney, Special Assistant United States Attorney, and state prosecutor, Laura Sammons brings extensive litigation experience to Henneman Rau Kirklin & Smith. Her successful outcomes in nearly 100 fully-litigated trials and countless bench trials have established her reputation as a litigator with a keen ability to present arguments, evidence, and case information in a clear, straightforward manner to achieve results.
Ms. Sammons’s recent practice has centered on Federal labor matters, garnering success on both sides of the docket in employment discrimination claims and settlement negotiation. At Henneman Rau Kirklin & Smith, she utilizes her wealth of experience to represent clients in employment and financial services litigation and arbitration.
A Harris County native, Ms. Sammons attended the College of William and Mary Marshall-Wythe School of Law in Williamsburg, Virginia before moving to New Mexico, and eventually returning home to Texas.
She is admitted to practice in Texas courts, New Mexico courts, the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Texas, the United States Court of Appeals for the Armed Forces, and the United States Air Force Court of Criminal Appeals
Ms. Sammons is not certified by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization.
- East Texas Baptist University, B.M., 1998
- College of William and Mary, Marshall-Wythe School of Law, J.D., 2008
- Texas Bar Association
- Houston Bar Association
- Houston Association of Women Attorneys
- Brazoria County Bar Association
- National Association of Women Lawyers
- Military Spouses JD Network
- Fostering Hope Crosspoint Board Member (2017-2019)
- Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo Committee Member (2017 to 2019)
- Social Graces Social Club Philanthropic Organization