Erin Friel Elmore - Counsel
Erin graduated summa cum laude from The University of Texas School of Law in 2000. Erin was Vice Chancellor of the class of 2000, a distinction awarded to the second in her class. She was also a member of the Texas Law Review.
She joined Vinson & Elkins in 2000 and practiced complex commercial litigation with a focus on antitrust, commercial arbitration, and securities law, primarily litigating on behalf of large corporate clients.
After taking time off to raise her two children, Erin returned to the practice of law with Henneman Rau Kirklin & Smith LLP in 2019. Her litigation and arbitration practice focuses on complex commercial cases and business disputes of all types. Ms. Elmore has substantial experience representing financial advisors and financial institutions in employment disputes, business transitions, regulatory compliance and customer disputes. She has successfully represented clients on claims involving fraud, trade secret misappropriation, antitrust, securities, breach of contract, covenants not to compete, tortious interference with business relations, federal and state trademark infringement, unfair competition, sexual harassment and gender discrimination. Ms. Elmore has assisted in obtaining, or defending against, emergency injunctive relief at TRO proceedings and temporary injunction hearings and has experience in all phases of litigation in both state and federal courts as well as FINRA arbitration proceedings.
- Texas A&M, B.A. Business Administration, cum laude, 1997
- The University of Texas School of Law, J.D., summa cum laude, 2000
- Served as the Treasurer of the Houston Bar Association’s Securities Litigation and Arbitration Section for the 2021-2022 year.
- Houston Bar Association
- Texas Bar Association
- Served as President of the St. Stephen’s Episcopal School Parent Teacher Organization for both the 2017-2018 and the 2018-2019 school year.
- Volunteer in the West University community.
In her free time, Erin enjoys spending time with her children, Ellie and Jake, and their two rescue dogs. She enjoys traveling, spending time outdoors, painting, reading and yoga.