Nicholas “Nick” Nestelbaum is a litigator with a background advising and defending companies in complex commercial and securities actions. He is originally from Massachusetts, where he attended Brandeis University for his undergraduate degree. During his time in college, he studied abroad in St. Petersburg, Russia. Mr. Nestelbaum graduated with high honors in Political Science and Russian Studies. After graduating, he obtained a Master of Arts degree in political theory from the University of Chicago.
Mr. Nestelbaum attended New York University School of Law where he worked for the Government Civil Litigation Clinic in the Eastern District of New York. He also interned for the Asset Management Unit in the Securities and Exchange Commission’s Division of Enforcement. Following law school, Mr. Nestelbaum clerked for a state trial court in New Jersey, and then for the Honorable Frank Montalvo in the United States District Court for the Western District of Texas.
Mr. Nestelbaum joined Henneman Rau Kirklin & Smith LLP in 2023 as an associate. Before joining the firm, he worked for a mid-sized firm in Houston. He currently handles commercial litigation and securities arbitration cases.
Mr. Nestelbaum is admitted to practice in the following courts:
- New York
- New Jersey
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- Brandeis University – Bachelor of Arts 2010
- University of Chicago – Master of Arts in Political Science 2011
- New York University School of Law – Juris Doctor 2015
- Texas Bar Association
- Houston Bar Association
- Commercial Litigation Section
- Securities, Litigation & Arbitration Section, Treasurer, 2023-2024
- New York Bar Association
- Houston Young Lawyers Association
- HYLA Leadership Academy, Fellow, 2023-2024